Main Session 1- Erwin Mcmanus
Hebrews 11:6 without faith it is impossible to please God
- We are not just changing people’s minds we are teaching them to be human
- If it is impossible to please God without faith is it that faith restores our humanity?
- How is it possible for a human to be in humane?
- Our souls knows what it is to be human and that we have lost our humanity and that faith can restore it.
- Our reality is we have confidence in what we have and not what we hope for
Hope only exists in the future- you have to be focused on the future to have hope
We believe God has a mind but does not have a dream.
The church is proof that God dreams and sees a future that must be created
What would happen if the church would become the incubator of humanity’s vast future
5 Levels of Churches-
- Subtraction (decline)
Multiplication today and movements tomorrow
Language leads and helps us to learn
A Level 5 Church is a church with 50% growth in the church and in conversion rates to the 3rd generation
- Though we have become better at planting churches but has less impact
- To make movements great again is to make evangelism the focus
- Movements are marked by multiplication
- The ultimate goal is multiplication
- Only 22% of churches started in 2012 has reproduced
- Embrace a kingdom vision
Multiplication without evangelism is moving around consumer sheep
A movement without convergence is a movement in the wrong direction
- Churches that reach the majority unchurched has activities that connect those outside the church
- Unless you love the lost you will never reach the lost
Six things to encourage this:
- Remind them we evangelize because at one point someone evangelized us
- Celebrate and share stories of members who came to Christ
- Teach the gospel well and consistently
- Churches that multiply
- Relentless about communicating vision on a monthly basis
- Partnered with an organization that plants churches
Churches that multiples we’re investing time energy and resources 50% conversion 50% growth to the 3rd gen
4% to 10% only 4% is multiplying but 10% is what we are capable of doing
Inflection point- some innovation level 5 churches are at an inflection point
We have the mass to make changes
- Is this church that I lead about my kingdom or God’s
- Is this church going to be about growing or sending?
- What are we going to count?
- Are we growing to increase seating capacity or sending capacity? If it’s sending you begin to count different measurements What you measure improves and what you celebrate gets repeated
- Am I more about relaxing or risk taking?