What is a DNA Group?
DNA stands for: Divine Truth. Nurturing Relationships. Apostolic Mission.
A “DNA” group is 2-4 people of the same gender that meet at least twice a month to grow deeper in their understanding of the Bible and to grow deeper in relationships and help each other to live out God’s mission in the world around them.
How to Start
Gather with people from your Community Group, or other people you feel you can form a more transparent relationship with.
Decide on a meeting time, place, and frequency (coffee shops are great meeting places).
Get to know one another by telling each other your stories of God’s work in your life and what He is doing currently.
-Read through the Bible together
-Challenge each other
-Pray for one another
-Share your greatest joys and concerns
-Be honest in the areas of need in your life
-Deeply care and seek the God’s wisdom in trials
-Pray regularly for people you know who don’t have a relationship with Jesus
-In everything you do look for ways to join God in His mission of redeeming and renewing the world around you
-Regularly examine how you have been “good news” to others around you
Questions to ask each other in a DNA group:
- In what ways have you been a testimony this week to the greatness of Jesus Christ with both your words and actions?
- How have you experienced God in your life this week?
- How are you responding to His promptings?
- How did you do with your personal devotion time this week?
- In what ways have you joined God in His mission to redeem and renew the world this week?